Thursday, September 20, 2007

Can you turn a Roundie inside out?

Even though my math grades in high school were at best "C"s and at worst "D"s, real-life mathematics has always piqued my interest. If I have to solve X+X=Y, I could care less, but if you tell me to figure out the force of two pool balls slamming into each other, I'm all over that. So when I found this blog by University of California physicist John C. Baez, of course, I had to check it out. Not that I would understand what he was talking about all the time, but I would give it a shot.

Well, I found something very interesting on Baez's blog, a link to a video demonstrating how to turn a sphere inside out without "breaking" any of the lines. Ok, I am a bit of a geek for this stuff. The video is a little long at 21 and half minutes, but it is definitely understandable. So if you are feeling smart today, check it out.

Outside In: How to Turn a Sphere Inside Out

No comments: