Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Kidd-aclysm in Jersey?

This post originally appeared on YaySports!.

(The Cavalier did not write this. I was bored and you looked like you needed someone. So here I am.)

So Jason Kidd wants out of New Jersey. Eh, ok. I can understand that. He is on a decrepit team with little or no chance of success this year. (Note: why people jump on the Nets bandwagon every pre-season is beyond me.) Kidd is also playing in the shadow of his ex-wife. So he has a personal and professional reason to want out. Although I can’t relate, as I am neither divorced nor am a pro-basketball player, he has my sympathies.

Of course, who’s ears immediately perked up when he heard of JKidd’s request? None other than LeBron James of the once admired Cavaliers (By the way, Cav, no report on the game you were supposed to watch? I’m disappointed.). According to AOL Fanhouse, who quoted TrueHoop, who heard from I don’t know, someone said that LeBron said that he would totally like Jason on his team. And everyone laughed and said, “Umm… no.”

However, thanks to the ESPN trade machine, I figured out a way to make it happen. I figured out a trade that not only involves the Cavs and the Nets, but also the return of an old friend - Mr. Badtrade himself, Isiah Thomas.

Here’s how it works: the Cavs trade Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes to the Knicks in exchange for Nate Robinson, Zach Randolph, and Jamal Crawford. The Cavs then trade Randolph and Crawford to New Jersey for Jason Kidd, who they keep, and Jamal Magloire, who they promptly sacrifice to the Knicks as thanks.

What is not to like about this trade? Cleveland gets Kidd and Nate Robinson, the Nets get Randolph and Crawford, and the Knicks get Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and Jamal Magloire. All it requires is Isiah not realizing he is getting fleeced. Like that’s never happened before.

No comments: