This post originally appeared on YaySports!.
(Jordi back again.)
Citizens of the Sports Blogosphere, who loves you?
When the power went out on YaySports!NBA, who turned the lights back on?
I am now the real power behind YaySports!NBA. Well, me, Cobra, and he of the margaritas and senoritas.
And where, oh where is the Cav? Could he be at home washing his tights? Or is he sipping a mango-guava-broccolli smoothie, watching re-runs of Frazier, and hanging out with a white girl?
To show you that I love ya best, here are a dozen links for your NBA perusing pleasure.
1) Bill Simmons looks at the biggest NBA “What If’s” of this decade. For you Cavs fans out there, it begins with a possible dynasty and ends with your worst nightmare. Personally, I am still stuck on “what if PJ Brown didn’t flip Charlie Ward back in the day?”.
2) If you have $8,500 dollars, and I am sure you do, you can be the proud owner of a team in the Global Basketball Alliance.
3) Speaking of the GBA, the Bronx Breakouts are holding a tryout on March 16th. For those of you in the NYC area (SML!), click the “tryout info” on the GBA page, and go tryout. The worst thing that can happen is you get a good story out of it.
4) Hardwood Paroxysm declared Tuesday “Kobe Bryant Appreciation Day”. Thousands, if not dozens, of bloggers across the world penned sonnets to the Junior Jellybean.
5) If you read other blogs besides this one, I am sure you have heard the news: Mark Cuban has banned bloggers from the Mavericks’ locker room. But what if the Mavs signed Rod Benson to a 10-day contract? Would he have to get dressed somewhere else?
6) Gilbert Arenas - who can never play for the Mavericks either - has posted again on NBA.com. The vociferious Gilbert talks injuries, afros, enforcers, point guards, comparisons, Mitch Richmond, and even drops a Harold Miner mention.
7) Like my cohort Jack Cobra did yesterday, the grandmasters at Free Darko are contemplating the Rockets remarkable 19-game winning streak. Keep this in mind for a moment, one more win and the Rockets will have gone undefeated for 1/4 of their season. For a baseball team to do that, they would have to go 40 and 0.
8) Speaking of baseball: who would you rather have in a baseball-basketball grudge match to the death: Danny Ainge, who played 2nd base for the Toronto Blue Jays, or current Florida Marlin and former 76er, Net, and Cav Mark Hendrickson?
9) A bunch of people from Ohio who watch Cleveland sports got together to blog. This is their story.
10) The thought/comment bubble: overused to the point of being unoriginal.
11) Happy Birthday to Robert Murdock (the man behind the Fox Empire), Cesar Geronimo (former Cincinnati Red), Jerry Zucker (the man behind Airplane!), Joey Buttafucco, Vinnie Paul (from Pantera), Lisa Loeb (Stay.), Johnny Knoxville, Fred Jones (Knicks), Elton Brand (Clippers), and Paul Wall.
12) And finally, the 2008 NBA Dance Team Bracket is out. Go vote for your favorite ladies.
One more time: Who loves you?
(Photo info: NEW YORK CITY BLACKOUT, 1965 Photo (c) Bob Gomel for Life, republished in 2001 in Fortune’s 9/11 Issue)