Monday, April 21, 2008

The Return of a Knicks Nation refugee

Pardon my lateness, but for the last four days I was far from communications, wandering deep in the mountains of the land of coal and steel. Only today did I hear the joyous news.

All praise due to St. Patrick, St. Walt, and St. Willis!

We have been liberated!

In the words of the Great Joey, we have been delivered!

And now it is time for me to say goodbye to a life of loneliness. To share bittersweet farewells with those other disenfranchised fans I have befriended since my vagabond days began.

Yet I cannot disguise my joy. Finally I can go home.

Three long years have passed since I started my boycott. And now it's over. The Reign of Terror has passed.

My only fear is that from his token post the tyrant Thomas does not have the power to purge those who opposed his rule.

I go home tentively, but with the confidence that I can now have optimism. I can care. I can sing, I can dance, and I can praise without the heartcrushing depression that has seized my homeland for years.

So now it is our turn to rebuild. To make our nation once again the crown jewel of the NBA. For us to rise up and cheer louder than we ever have.

For the era of darkness is over.

Praise be to St. Patrick, St. Willis, and St. Walt!


See some of my past correspondences here:

April 10th, 2008.

January 8, 2008.

December 4th, 2008.

December 2, 2008.

No comments: