Wow. I haven't done a book update in a while. Not much has changed, to be honest. The novel is still in draft form. I have however sent pitch letters to six agents on April 13. So I guess that is news. I received one rejection letter so far. I will probably wait another week or so before sending a pitch letter to six more agents. I figured doing six every three weeks should increase my odds of hearing from someone.
Then I have to send a sample - most likely the first 30-50 pages. Then the agent has to like that enough to represent me to a publisher. Then the publisher has to read it and mold it into a final publishable version. So we have a ways to go.
But I guess I have taken one small step.
This week's link of inspiration comes from the Co.Create blog by Fast Company. They interviewed best-selling author James Patterson and asked what advice he would give beginning writers and storytellers.
- Write Stories the Way People Tell Them
- Make It An Experience
- Short Chapters Keep People Reading
- It Doesn't Have to Be Realistic
- Outline Like Your Book Depends On It
- Be Open To Changes During the Writing
- Write With Confidence, Even If You Don't Feel Confident Yet
- Know Who You Are Writing For And What They Want