Thursday, February 3, 2011

Groundhog Day and the Life Insurance Conspiracy

I know Groundhog's Day just past, but I couldn't resist posting a video that writer Jonah Keri found on youtube.

This video is, of course, all of the Ned Ryerson moments in the movie Groundhog's Day. I have an interesting theory about Ned's role in that movie. It is a theory no one agrees with me on, but I swear by it.

I think Groundhog's Day is not a movie about love or finding the right person or anything pf those sappy moments Hollywood would have you believe. It is a movie about life insurance. As a matter of fact, the whole film is a commercial for why you need life insurance, and I wouldn't doubt if it was funded by the life insurance lobby.

Remember, it is not until Phil Connors agrees to buy life insurance (in an unseen scene) that Phil can live his life again. Think about it. With that in mind, watch and enjoy.