Saturday, May 2, 2015

10 Things I Put On My Resume - A Humorous Discussion



Possibly the biggest thing I learned in my seemingly never-ending job hunt is that resumes are super subjective. They are a lot like cooking. Although most people can agree on the basic recipe, the little touches and nuances are completely up to individual tastes.

One person likes education on the top. One person likes education below experience. Some people like an objective. Some people like a summary. Some people want two pages. Some people want one page.

Totally subjective and no one will ever say it's perfect.

Being a near-expert on the nuances of resume re-writing, I had to jump in when I saw the topic #ThingsIPutOnMyResume trending on twitter. Of course, being twitter, the topic veered into the nonsensical and humorous.

While keeping it somewhat professional, I made a few contributions.