Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tending Bar over at Thunder Matt's



Way back in my younger days, many, many, many moons ago, I worked in a bar in Tallahassee. Actually, to be honest, I didn't really work. I just kinda stood behind the bar, played music, and handed beers to the few friends or homeless vagabonds who showed up. After two weeks of this routine, the bar told me they were going with the "hot-girls-behind-the-bar" strategy and that I wouldn't be working there anymore.

And that was the end of my life as a bar keep. Until now.

Last week, I received and accepted an invite to write for one of my favorite blogs: Thunder Matt's Saloon. I've long been a patron of Thunder Matt's little corner of the blogosphere and it's an honor to be welcomed into such a circle of greatness.

If you are not familiar with Thunder Matt's Saloon, they are the geniuses who brought us such legendary posts as:

Underrated/Overrated: Condiments

The Fantasy Hurricane League

The Thunder Matt Beer Project

and 50 States/50 Bands

So what will I bring to the Saloon? Well, I'm not quite sure yet. Hopefully, I'll bring my legion of two or three faithful readers. But other than that, as long as they don't decide to replace me in two weeks with pictures of hot chicks, I think I'll be alright.

By the way, don't worry - The Serious Tip is not going away. I'll still be here. I'm just branching out.

(P.S. That's not really Thunder Matt's Saloon, that's a picture of a place called "Matt's Saloon" in Prescott, AZ.)