Monday, January 7, 2013

Drunk times, horrible writing, and a good luck wrench




I was going through some old emails in my oldest email account and I found this from November 22, 1999. Hard to believe I wrote like this. Granted, I wasn't the smoothest guy on the block, but I guess in my defense, I was a 22-year old in my first semester in college. Thank goodness I grew up.

Yo geeknik,

Man your weekend blows the shit out of mine. All I did was get drunk on Friday night and ended up puking all over myself, not very cool but I did it in my own room so it was cool, woke up early Sat to get Metallica, Kid Rock, Sevendust, Creed tickets for Dec 28 in Miami. 56 fucking dollars. Ugh. Then I watched the Florida-Florida State game. A really big deal here. People live and die on college football here. Its nuts. A dude I have the coolest story to tell you, well maybe not as cool as your story about your weekend but oh well. I went to Subway to get something to eat right before watching football Sat and as I was pulling away this guy walks up to my car and asks me for some change. I give him some pennies and nickels and shit and he tells me that he is an alcoholic and that the money will go straight to beer. I told him as that was a noble cause that I don't mind supporting in the least bit. Then he went on about how he had a job yadda yadda. Then he told me that he got drunk and sold his bicycle the night before. He had this wrench and since he didn't need it anymore he gave it to me for the 42 cents I gave him. Since I got this wrench I've had nothing but good luck. I keep it in my pocket now. Its a small little wrench so its cool. But dude ain't that a cool little story. Maybe I'll have luck with the chicks now. Who knows? I hope so. Oh well dude thats my weekend. Not as cool as yours but cool nonetheless.

Later,
The Supreme Geeknik

I have some fond memories of that wrench and even fonder memories of the Metallica concert. Getting that drunk? I don't miss that at all.