Monday, October 26, 2015

Animating automobile aggression

On occasion, I've been known to be a bit aggressive on the road. I'm not a bad driver, by any means. I know, everyone says that, but I've never been in an accident (knock on the web equivalent of wood) that wasn't a slight bumper tap. The only time I have ever needed to involve auto insurance was when my truck was broken into.

But I do have a few speeding tickets. Ok, more than a few. Eleven at last count. All in Florida. Three or four in Hillsborough County and one each in several other counties.

So with that in mind, and as an avid fan of rapid movement, I am always interested when art depicts the driving experience. Especially if their depiction of driving is like my real-life driving. Like this new cartoon by Nate Theis entitled "Driving" (h/t CartoonBrew).


DRIVING from Nate Theis on Vimeo.

In the Cartoon Brew interview, Theis admits to being influenced by this classic Goofy cartoon from the 1950s. Good to see little has changed on the roads in 50 years.