Friday, June 19, 2020

Not So Serious Movie Review: Roosevelt's Big Adventure

I am a huge fan of Pee Wee's Big Adventure. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid and every time I watch it, I gain more appreciation of its lunacy and weird universe. It is a twisted kid's movie that can still entertain adults.

Yesterday, Pee-Wee Herman shared a link on his Instagram to a homemade recreation of his classic movie. Entitled "Roosevelt's Big Adventure", it is a home movie made by two very creative parents and featuring their son Roosevelt as Pee-Wee Herman.

While their movie is a bit shorter than the original, Roosevelt's Big Adventure captures all the memorable scenes in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure - from the breakfast scene to the classic Tequila dance to the rescuing of the snakes. Even though I knew what was coming, Roosevelt's Big Adventure made me laugh like I was watching the movie for the first time. The family's creative takes were absolutely brilliant.

Grade: 5 Alamo stars out of 5