Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Not So Serious Movie Review: Black Fist (1974)


 

I love a good blaxploitation film. Especially one that includes the line "All I ever wanted to do in life was not to have to kiss whitey's ass!". I feel that in my bones.

Alas, that's the highlight of this run-of-the-mill mid-70s flick about a street fighter who has to fight the mob and crooked cops. There is a lot of funk, some soul, not a lot of jive, and no turkeys. And it stars Beyonce's future stepdad. But that isn't enough to save the movie from poor production value, clunky dialog, and wooden acting.

Originally intended to be two movies, "Bogard" and "Get Fisk", Black Fist is the result of someone taking the best parts of both and merging them into one funky super movie. But low budget will always be low budget. I blame The Man.

Grade: 4 funky fists of 5