Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Star Wars and Bad Management Practices

Twitter e-migo Jon Pyle made some very interesting observations about Star Wars recently that I had never thought about.

I have thought about Star Wars a lot. I've thought about it from a meta-cultural perspective, a philosophical perspective, a warfighter's perspective, a theoretical perspective, and I've been working on exploring Star Wars from a military intelligence perspective. But I have never looked at Star Wars, particularly the Empire, from a managerial perspective. Since I am near completion with my MBA and have business management on my mind, Jon's tweets piqued my interest.

So with his permission, I decided to post them here in all their observational brilliance.

(Note: Alex Knapp wrote a similar piece on Forbes.com a few years ago.)

Absolutely brilliant. Perhaps a book is not a bad idea.